August 05, 2009

Yarn/Magazine Tote




Lately I have been doing a lot of crocheting and thought I need a spot to put all my yarn. So after searching I found a good template on Martha Stewart's website. The instructions were a little confusing so I would highly recommend watching the video because it clarifies a few things. My fabric is from Ikea and I love the retro/modern pattern. The yard sticks I got at michaels (but office depot has them cheaper) and the dowels are from Home Depot. Depending on how much your fabric costs, the project is only about $20 and takes a couple of hours to complete. The great thing about this project is that you can use it for yarn, magazines, towels or anything else you want to put in it. You could even make a big version with four yard sticks and turn it into a laundry hamper. Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment