This is a yummy peppermint recipe for the holidays. It comes from my Auntie Rita who makes them every year and I just had to have it because they are so good! You could probably cover them in chocolate too and it would taste really good or even try out some different flavours. These are really easy to make and just as easy to eat!
- 2 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp cream (or milk)
- 1-2 tsp peppermint extract to taste (I used a few drops of candy flavouring in mine)
- Red and Green food colouring
- Mix all ingredients except food colouring until smooth and creamy. (Using your hands here works well)
- Divide mixture in half and colour.
- Roll into small balls and place on waxed paper. Flatten slightly with a fork. They should be about the size of a quarter.
- Let dry for several hours. Store in an air tight container.