- 175mL Butter
- 160mL Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 30mL Milk
- 5mL Almond Extract
- 625mL Flour
- 5mL Baking Powder
- 2mL Salt
- Green Food colouring (the gel kind gives a brighter colour)
- Almond slices
- Red decorating Gel
- Cream together butter and sugar in large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, almond extract, and food colouring. Beat well until combined.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture into creamed mixture. Mix until well blended. (Note: The dough will be a bit sticky)
- Divide dough into two balls, wrap, and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll about a tablespoon (15mL) of dough to form a 'finger'
- Give finger two squeezes to form knuckles.
- Using a knife, make small cuts into knuckles to make wrinkles.
- Place sliced almonds on top of the end to form nails.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool for 2-3 minutes. Remove almond nail and squeeze small amount of red decorator gel then replace almond.
[ squeeze to form knuckles, cut in wrinkles, and place almond as the nail]
A great way to serve these cookies is in a martini glass or bowl where the fingers can stick up out of. Enjoy!
*I made these in highschool in my cooking class so I don't have a source to cite them*